There are many interesting facts about vegetarianism and veganism but here
are five for now. Eat well, live well. Your health is your wealth.
- According to the American Dietetic Association (ADA) a vegetarian or vegan
diet is healthier than one that includes meat. Vegetarians have lower
body mass indices, fewer deaths from heart disease, lower cholesterol,
lower blood pressure, lower rates of type 2 diabetes, and lower rates
of prostate and colon cancer
- In 2012, the LA City Council declared all future Mondays in the city to
be "Meatless Mondays" in response to the environmental impact
of meat consumption in the United States
- An acre of land can produce more food for vegetarians/vegans than meat-eaters.
It also can yield ten times more plant protein than meat protein.
- Livestock has a great impact on the environment both impacting green house
gas emissions and water usage.
- The twenty-year "China Study" found that countries that ate primarily
vegetarian were healthier than those who had meat-based eating practices.