Five Reasons to Go Vegan
You've probably heard before that "you are what you eat."
What does that really mean? Well for one thing, every 35 days your skin
replaces itself and makes new cells from the food that you eat. So what
you put in your body becomes you. For another thing, the foods you eat
fuel your body to handle the day ahead. Sugary, processed, and high-fat
foods can cause you to feel tired. That's why at Original Soul Vegetarian
everything we serve is plant-based, animal and chemical-free, and we use
unrefined sugars, flours, and/or rice. Besides being "you are what
you eat" here are five other reasons to go vegan:
- Vegan diet is cholesterol-free! This in turn lowers your risk of heart
disease, which is the number one leading cause of death in the United States.
- Being vegan is good for the environment. Animal agriculture causes over
fifty percent of the global greenhouse gas emissions that are responsible
for climate change.
- Veganism is linked to longevity. On average vegetarians and vegans live
6 to 9 years longer than their meat eating counterparts
- Obesity rates are significantly lower for vegans (3x) and vegetarians (2x)
than meat eaters. This not only means looking better but also feeling
better. Obesity is a huge risk factor for diabetes, heart disease, and
even some cancers.
- Going vegan is good for the mind. One study indicated that vegans have
lower rates of anxiety and depression than their meat-eating counterparts.
Eat well, feel well.
Your health is your wealth.