It's officially fall which means the onset of colorful leaves, cooler
weather, and some great new menu items at Original Soul Vegetarian. Another
byproduct of the weather change? Cold season. Luckily we have you covered
at the Eternity Juice Bar. Need to cleanse your system? Order the Detoxification
which is a delicious blend of juices from grapefruits, lemons and oranges
combined with distilled water and brown rice syrup. Feel a cold coming
on? Get an Immune Booster, which is a shot of horseradish, ginger, garlic,
cayenne pepper and apple cider vinegar. It'll kick the cold right
out of you. Need some other healthy tips this fall to keep you feeling
good all season long? Here are five key ones:
- Sleep. The recommended 7-8 hours of sleep each night is one good way to
keep your immune system up and running.
- Exercise. Exercising on a regular basis keeps your body fit and your immune
- Reduce Stress. Easier said than done but it is essential in maintaining
your health. Cut out as many of the stressors as you can and find ways
of coping with the ones that you can't dismiss from your life. Deep
breaths and self care can go a long way.
- Antioxidants. Fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants which play
a central role in keeping your immune system operating properly. One of
the many benefits to a vegan lifestyle is that you are probably getting
plenty of those. So come in and eat up!
- Wash your hands. Whether you're riding the L, at work, or playing with
your kids, the best way to avoid contracting and transmitting germs is
by regularly washing your hands. Doctors recommend that you scrub with
soap and warm water for 30 seconds.