Spinach the Super Food!
Daily Dish at Eternity Juice Bar: Sesame Spinach
You may have heard spinach be referred to as a “superfood.” But, like many, you might wonder “What does that actually mean? Why is it so good for me?” A superfood is one that is full of nutrients and supports overall health. And boy is this leafy green packed with goodness. There are tons of reasons why you should be eating spinach but we’ll stick with five for now.
- Spinach is good for your bones. It is rich in Vitamin K which strengthens bone mass.
- Eating spinach keeps you healthy. Packed with Vitamin C, it boosts your immune system so it can fight off diseases.
- Studies indicate that spinach helps prevent against prostate and colon cancers. Spinach has flavonoids which have anticancer properties that decrease your risk for cancer.
- Spinach is mineral rich—potassium, magnesium, manganese, copper, and zinc are all found in spinach. Minerals are very important to our bodies. For example, potassium is essential in controlling blood pressure and heart rate and copper helps with red blood cell count.
- Spinach is full of antioxidants. These protect against aging and some diseases.