Recipe of the Week: Kale Greens
12 cups of kale
¼ cup of liquid aminos
½ cup of olive oil
1 medium tomato
½ cup diced onion
1 tbsp onion powder
2 garlic cloves
¼ cup nutritional yeast
Cut kale very small. Dice onion and tomato small. Put all ingredients in bowl and mix well. Thoroughly coat greens with spices. Let sit. The longer the greens marinate, the softer they are and the more flavorful they get.
From our family to yours! Enjoy!
It’s officially fall which means the onset of colorful leaves, cooler weather, and some great new menu items at Original Soul Vegetarian. Another byproduct of the weather change? Cold season. Luckily we have you covered at the Eternity Juice Bar. Need to cleanse your system? Order the Detoxification which is a delicious blend of juices from grapefruits, lemons and oranges combined with distilled water and brown rice syrup. Feel a cold coming on? Get an Immune Booster, which is a shot of horseradish, ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper and apple cider vinegar. It’ll kick the cold right out of you. Need some other healthy tips this fall to keep you feeling good all season long? Here are five key ones:
- Sleep. The recommended 7-8 hours of sleep each night is one good way to keep your immune system up and running.
- Exercise. Exercising on a regular basis keeps your body fit and your immune system healthy.
- Reduce Stress. Easier said than done but it is essential in maintaining your health. Cut out as many of the stressors as you can and find ways of coping with the ones that you can’t dismiss from your life. Deep breaths and self care can go a long way.
- Antioxidants. Fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants which play a central role in keeping your immune system operating properly. One of the many benefits to a vegan lifestyle is that you are probably getting plenty of those. So come in and eat up!
- Wash your hands. Whether you’re riding the L, at work, or playing with your kids, the best way to avoid contracting and transmitting germs is by regularly washing your hands. Doctors recommend that you scrub with soap and warm water for 30 seconds.
Sandwich of the Week: Falafel
This week only: enjoy a free side salad when you order the falafel sandwich. This Mediterranean inspired sandwich will be sure to delight your taste buds and fuel your body with the nutrition it needs. Falafel, made with chickpeas, is packed with protein, low in fat, and high in fiber. Protein is important in cell growth and functioning and helps build muscle and keep them healthy. In addition to being a great source of protein, falafel has very little fat and no saturated fat. Falafel, high in fiber, is also great for your digestive system. Both delicious and nutritious, eat up and enjoy!
LIONS and Tigers and BEARS! Oh my!
Fall football is back! Every Monday and Thursday night and all day Sunday, we’ll be converting the backroom of the restaurant to a sports fan paradise. With a full wall projection of the game, you’ll feel like you’re right there on the field amidst the action. In addition to a great view of the game, we’ll have a full menu and special appetizers just for game day! We’re BYOB so bring your beverage of choice.
Stop by tonight for Monday Night Football! Come see the Detroit Lions take on the New York Giants.
Fans Enjoying Football. Thanks for coming out!